Monday, May 23, 2011

Gorgonzola appetizers

So this is a little different, but it tastes really great.
I take smaller loaves of bread or sub sandwich buns and slice them at a slight angle to give wider slices. Don't slice length wise, but slice it like you would for a sandwich. I toast them slightly under the broiler, so they don't get chewy or mushy when you put stuff on them.
Then I take gorganzola cheese and sprinkle it on them. Add a small slice of canned pears (I reckon you could use fresh, but I'm from this little community that has a hard time getting great produce). Then I drizzle it with honey (mine is cranberry blossom honey, but I don't think that matters). Broil until the cheese starts to melt. Serve.
These were different, but they tasted so good that a couple of us stood at my toaster oven and ate them straight off the baking tray. I don't know if many actually made it to the table.

No comments: